Sunday, November 7, 2010

My Dad

During my visit to Tennessee when we were cleaning and organizing at my parents' house, we found this old vest pattern.  These guys are stylin', man. 


My dad decided he wanted some vests.  However, he's not quite the same size as he was in 1972.  And I'm not as skilled as I was in my clothing sewing days, so I found this pattern: 


He wanted a denim vest and a red plaid vest.  Here's my dad in one of the vests I made: 


I had to match plaids. Yuck!  Do you realize how big that 5/8" clothing seam allowance looks when you've been making 1/4" seam allowances for quilting?  I even had to make buttonholes!  It took me way longer than it should have, I'm so out of practice!  But at least he's happy with them. 

LaDonna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...