Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Well, duh!

Why didn't I think of this before?!  I'm sure all y'all quilters out there have already figured this out, but I guess I'm just a little slow!  I normally don't make test blocks when I make a quilt.  I know I probably should, but I usually don't.  However, when I'm figuring out a quilt from a picture, especially when it's a commissioned quilt, I make a test block.  After all, I have spent lots of time and money gathering the fabric.  Since I don't want to take a chance on messing up the good fabric, I use similar colors from my stash to get the look as well as the block just right.  One of my commissioned quilts was in Christmas colors so I used some of my years old Christmas fabric.  On my next commissioned quilt (which is not in Christmas colors), it dawned on me, why don't I make all my test blocks out of Christmas fabrics!  That way, when I have accumulated enough, I can make a Christmas Sampler Quilt!  See why that's my "duh" moment?!  Here's a picture of my latest test blocks. 



I now have 6 Christmas blocks of different shapes and sizes that I can someday make into a Christmas quilt.  Key word is someday!  But at least I'm on my way!

LaDonna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...