Thursday, April 14, 2011

no posts

Yes I know that I am not the "poster" in this blog...remember...I like to stay in the background and not draw attention to myself.  However I did want to share the following....

When I retired from teaching in 2008, several of my "teacher friends" threw a get-together for me.  One of those friends ( I had all three of her children over the years) gave me an orchid.  She raises them.  Now, all I knew about orchids was that they were pretty. I thought that they were exotic looking and high maintenance.  She told me that this variety was easy. I thought to myself...yea....right...we'll see about that...I'll probably kill it.  I was amazed that it not only lived but bloomed for me!!  But this year I got a big surprise.  It actually put out two stalks and both of them were covered with blooms!  That had never happened before...I felt that I would been  lucky to have a bloom much less even one stalk. The flowers haven't fallen off yet so I thought I would share.......

~Diana

11 comments:

  1. oh, that is so beautiful!! I love orchids, but have always been afraid to try growing them too!
    Great job, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your thumb is so green!

    LaDonna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, flowers. They look pretty good in a nice simple pot. Bout time you posted something, Di.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so pretty. you must be doing something right - just keep on doing it! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Doesnt that just make your day - they are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is truely beautiful! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful Eastertime surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think if you want to grow orchids you have to have a lot of patience. Yours are beautiful, so glad you let us take a peek.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you all for the wonderful comments! I so appreciate them all.....even my favorite brother-in-law's!! Y'all are such a great group of followers. I hope to be posting more in the future...my sister told me to pick up the slack especially when she has to begin packing up things.

    ~Diana

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lucky you. I have not had any luck with blooms. I have not been giving it any fertilizer though.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...