Thursday, May 19, 2011

Ready for Delivery!

Figgy Pudding is in the history books!  Well, that's an exaggeration (duh), but fun to say!  (I just picture pudding all over the pages!  I know, you don't have to say it...I can see you shaking your heads and groaning)  I finished the quilting yesterday, put the binding on last night, and labeled it today.  She'll pick it up Saturday. 

I normally try to avoid stripes on the back of my quilts, but I had no choice with this one.  This was what she could find with enough yardage for the back.  I must say, I am pleased with how it turned out.  When I baste the layers together, I normally start in the center and work my way out. But this one I started the basting from the side, lining it up and working my way across, checking all along the way to make sure it stayed straight. It turned out pretty darn straight.  I matched the stripes and design so you really can't see where the seam is, and I matched the hanging sleeve as well. 

My sewing machine is going to the shop Saturday.  First time I've cussed at my favorite machine!  Sews just fine, thankfully, so I was able to finish the quilt, but something's going on with the presser foot sensor.  We'll see what the repairman says because, naturally, on my quilt sample for him to sew on, it didn't do it.  Traitor.  Why do cars and sewing machines do that?!! 

Diana is still without internet!  She's been told maybe by tomorrow.  I sure do hope so! I miss seeing those babies!  And her, too, of course!

LaDonna

14 comments:

  1. Perfect job on the stripes..and matching it up, looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did such a great job of keeping those stripes straight! Aren't you proud?
    I hope Diana gets internet soon! I would be in withdrawal by now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your finish, and the back does look good! Do you pin baste or hand, or spray? I think that is the most difficult part.

    So what is next on your quilting agenda?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice job on the stripes! Can't find a seam anywhere.
    Did we see the front? I'm so blonde somedays. LOL
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Job well done LaDonna. Congrats on getting it all to match up on the back!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I don't think I could have matched those strips. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow strips are the hardest thing for me. You did a great job.
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so jealous and happy for you. Wish I was closer to a finish. All of my projects to finish are at stages that I really dislike. But, hearing you finish just makes me want to get working on one of mine! What is your next project?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job keeping those stripes straight - it is such a huge challenge for me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I avoid stripes! Your quilt turned out beautifully. Great JOB!
    I hope machine is well soon :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. That backing fabric is beautiful! You did a great job with those stripes :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stripes on a backing? Yikes!!! You are one brave woman :-) Turned out great, though. sorry your machine is ailing, hope it's just a minor tweak to get it back in shape.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The stripes look great! I've never used them on a backing. Hope your machine is behaving again soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. you were brave doing those stripes! they look very nice on the back. you did a great job! hope your machine is back up and running soon. i have to take my favorite machine to the shop too. luckily i have a back up, but isn't it funny how we get attached to certain machines?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...