Sunday, February 13, 2011

I Changed My Plan

My original plan was to quilt grid lines throughout the interior of the quilt.  But the more I thought about it, the more I dreaded tying off all those threads!  I still think it would have looked pretty, but I just couldn't do it.  Too much time involved and frustration and stress and eventually, cussin'!  Instead, I'm quilting interlocking circles, like the Peter Robbing Paul quilt block.  It's free motion, no marking, so to put it nicely, all the circles are their own unique individual!  Best of all it's continuous quilting! The only thread tying is when I have to put in a new bobbin or needle or the thread breaks. 


Oops!  As I was taking this picture, I noticed I missed a link.  See the pin?  I lost my way and now have to go back and stitch this little piece.  I sure hope I don't find many more like this!

LaDonna

3 comments:

  1. Thats lovely LaDonna. What machine do you quilt on? Do you have a long arm machine or just an sewing machine. I quilt on my sewing amchine but I only do straight stitch quilting (boring) and am thinking I need to branch out to free motion. WIll try on my machine first but I am going to research other options too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jan-Maree! I wish I had a long-arm! I quilt on a BabyLock Quest on my table. I just recently got a table that lets my sewing machine sit flush with the surface and that has made a world of difference. You can see how I have it set up on my post in January, The Quilting Has Begun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LaDonna, Your quilt is beautiful. You do such a nice job machine quilting. I've really got to give it a try. I have so many tops that need quilting. Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...