Saturday, January 7, 2017

Lil' Miss M Is Here!

We have a new member of our extended family!  Our niece and her husband are the proud new parents of a beautiful baby girl!  We haven't met her yet, but her pictures and Skype sessions show a joyful baby!

Of course, I had to make a quilt for her! Despite going through all my fabric to set up my new sewing room, I had absolutely nothing that I wanted for her quilt!  Can you believe it?!  Just like a closet full of clothes and nothing to wear!  I mean I could have made do, but this is for a special little girl!  So new fabric it is!  Really, any excuse to buy new fabric is fine with me!  Fortunately, my husband and I just happened to be visiting in the area of quilter's paradise, aka Hancock's of Paducah, and found some lovely batiks in the colors her parents chose of pink, black, and gold.

Her mom had picked out a chevron item on her baby registry, so I thought I would use that as my pattern.  It's such a popular design and easy to make!  I colored on some graph paper to decide on my color layout, which is always fun to! It ended up about 42 inches by 48 inches. 


I quilted it of course with Aurifil thread, my favorite, in continuous line circles.

Her name begins with "M" so I appliqued her initial on the back for a little extra touch! On the label I put the scripture passage from Psalm 127:3.  "Children are a blessing and a gift from the Lord."  I love putting scripture passages on quilts, especially baby quilts. 


I really like how it turned out!  And, best of all, they loved it too!  That's the best feeling!  I hope the quilt gets worn ragged with all the loving!  I can always make her another one, which I probably will anyway!

LaDonna

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new little peanut! And what a wonderful quilt you made! Love the 'M' on the back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! First quilt in my new sewing room!

      LaDona

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...